Last Remnant Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTA Application

3 posters

Go down

OTA Application Empty OTA Application

Post by SubSonic68 Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Explain what happens to the chosen people who become Overwatch Transhuman Arm soldiers: They have lots of surgery, including brain surgery and chest surgery, as well as devices implanted into them. The surgery is done at nova prospect. it is thought that well-performing civil protection units have these surgeries as a promotion. They also have had their brain wiped. Various devices have been put in their abdomen and throat.

Explain what a OSIPR is: Its a pulse rifle, with two fire modes. This weapon is called the 'Overwatch Standard Issue Pulse Rifle', and is commonly used by the OTA.

What is a transhuman?: Someone that has enhanced intelligence, strength, and etcetera from technological or scientific augmentation.

Do you understand that Overwatch Transhuman Arm soldiers follow any given orders and have no emotions?: I do understand.

How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Three to four years.
How long have you played on serious role-playing servers?
Also three to four years.
How long have you played on Last Remnant Gaming?
One day
What time zone are you in?
EST

In what country do you live? America

How old are you? 16

Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yeah, I do.

Last edited by SubSonic68 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

SubSonic68

Back to top Go down

OTA Application Empty Re: OTA Application

Post by Lone Wolf Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:12 am

SubSonic68 wrote:Explain what happens to the chosen people who become Overwatch Transhuman Arm soldiers: They have lots of surgery, including brain surgery and chest surgery, as well as devices implanted into them. The surgery is done at nova prospect. it is thought that well-performing civil protection units have these surgeries as a promotion. They also have had their brain wiped.

What is a transhuman?: Someone that has enhanced intelligence, strength, etcetera is a transhuman.

Suggestions for you. Once fixing these, you can get a +support from me. For now, I'm neutral.

SubSonic68 wrote:Explain what happens to the chosen people who become Overwatch Transhuman Arm soldiers: They have lots of surgery, including brain surgery and chest surgery, as well as devices implanted into them. The surgery is done at nova prospect. it is thought that well-performing civil protection units have these surgeries as a promotion. They also have had their brain wiped.

For this. I suppose you're right, yes. But there is slightly more to it than that. To give you a hint, most Overwatch troopers have their digestive tract enhanced (Or removed, in some lore), alongside removal of specific parts of the frontal lobe of their brain - it is then replaced by a central processing unit that is connected to Dispatch. Overwatch aren't emotionless, but they have no qualms with killing under any guise, and have no moral qualms. Ever. Of course, I might be wrong. This is what lore I use, but we haven't yet nailed down what the lore is with OTA here. (At least, not with me present, we haven't.)

SubSonic68 wrote:What is a transhuman?: Someone that has enhanced intelligence, strength, etcetera is a transhuman.

While this is definitely right, there is also more to it than just that. Transhumanism means you have been augmented to the point that, biologically, you are less human than augments. To quote Wikipedia: "Transhumanism (abbreviated as H+ or h+) is an international and intellectual movement that aims to transform the human condition by developing and creating widely available sophisticated technologies to greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities."

I apologise if I seem like a bit of a stickler, I'm a very small-details oriented person. Es tut mir Leid. Haben Sie einen wunderbaren Tag, und viel Glück.
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 pm

Accepted. Though I meant to change the thing about emotions, they actually do have their own personality like all other units.
Kevin
Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down